Monday 23 November 2009

Thinking of Perch

As the weather is now getting more and more wintry and the Pike season is in full swing i feel myself drawn to pursue this perfect predator, yet i felt the need for one more try at the Perch.


My thoughts were torn, do i go to Spires a busy commercial lake, or do i go to the little fished farm pond with the hope of a surprise or too? Well it had to be the latter as so much magic of the unknown doesn't exist these days as our waters get busier and the fish start getting their own names after numerous repeat captures.
The day itself was more suited to kite surfing down the coast as the wind was irritatingly blustery and very strong, there were moments where an audition for Mary Poppins would have been more appropriate as i held down my umbrella from the offending gusts. Perhaps i should have gone pike fishing i thought, but i was here now so best get on with it. The Rudd were as ravenous as ever and a bite a chuck was had, once again it was a case of persistence with these greedy Rudd and anticipating the arrival of a perch or two.It just took 30mins before my first reasonable Perch came, not a monster but a fine looking stripey, the best part of the middle of the day was full of Rudd and then another nice Perch fell to my float fished worm. All the interest had taken my attention off the weather and upon looking up an almighty black cloud decided to drop its load...... didn't it come down! what with the wind as well everything got saturated, me included! This little pond always chucks out a surprise so when i hooked what i thought was a Crucian carp i was surprised to find it actually was a Goldfish, this amused me immensely. No more big Perch were caught, and my soggy gear and myself retreated back to the van en route to home sweet home. It is definitely time to dig out the pike rods.





Honestly! a Goldfish!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers